- HR’s core journey is to build an organization that generates excellent and sustainable results.
- To successfully pursue that journey, HR must strategize and deliver beyond the people management agenda, including non-conventional topics such as corporate identity, internal alignment and corporate governance.
- To succeed in this endeavor, HR executives must display a strong leadership presence, which requires a solid knowledge about the organization itself and about the external world that impacts business management.
- Besides, HR executives must be role models in classic leadership attributes such as integrity and courage – failure to demonstrate these two attributes renders all others irrelevant.
- The combination of leadership components with the realization that companies exist primarily for societal benefit defines the essence of a corporate statesman.
(Thoughts above are expanded and discussed in the educational program I developed, “Organizational Statesmen – The new standard of excellence for HR” – please see specific link above.)
MY FAVORITE SUBJECTS
Subjects where my knowledge can make a difference in your company are:
- Corporate identity
- HR strategies and effectiveness
- Integration in mergers and acquisitions